What is Senioritis?

Mitchell Kazmierzak, Reporter

The seniors have finally hit that time in the year when they have started experiencing a thing called “SENIORITIS”.

What is Senioritis?

Senioritis is a syndrome affecting mostly high school seniors. The syndrome affects seniors who are in their second semester. Symptoms include laziness, lack of motivation, the feeling of repetitive routine, excessive absences in school, not caring about school, and procrastination. The only known cure for senioritis is graduation.

What are some common phrases said?

• “I don’t care, I have been accepted into college.”
  • “I will do that later.”
  • “What is the point.”
  • “I don’t need this in the future.”
  • “I am a grown adult.”
  • “I am not doing this.”

Tips for seniors experiencing senioritis:

• Get organized
    • Organize yourself with a schedule. By using a planner you can make sure you achieve everything you want to do for the day, week, month, or year.
  • Set goals for yourself
    • Set goals for yourself to stay motivated. By setting goals, you can stay motivated in school to do great work and reward yourself later. Set daily, weekly, monthly and yearly goals.
  • Get involved
    • Involve yourself in activities throughout the school like fun senior activities.
  • Reward yourself
    • Reward yourself with a treat like food so that you keep working.

Always remember what you are working towards. You as an individual are working towards graduating to start your journey as an adult. If you are experiencing senioritis, make sure you keep going, even if you do not want to. Colleges still look at your second-semester grades so make sure you’re not slacking. Maintain grades, and stay involved. Good luck, seniors.