Abby Reese Committing to Saint Mary’s to Play Volleyball

Morgan Sandor, Reporter

Abby Reese is a student athlete at Saint Joseph High School. She recently committed to Saint Mary’s College to play volleyball. Abby has been playing since she was six years old and always has dreamed about playing a collegiate sport at the next level. She is a setter and will be continuing that at Saint Mary’s. She is very excited about her commitment because she has worked very hard with both school and travel volleyball to get to this point.

Abby will be majoring in nursing and a minor in biology. She is very happy to be close to Notre Dame, because she has grown up around South Bend, and is familiar with this area. She is ecstatic about meeting new people, and her teammates. Abby has been pursued by her soon to be Saint Mary’s coach, and had a great connection with her since the day they met. She is grateful for all her parents have done for her to get her to this point. All the hours and money they have spent traveling, and time watching her play the sport she loves. Her parents are very happy about her playing so close to home, they will catch as many games as they can, while being able to visit her.

Abby has played club volleyball at Niva Juniors most her life, and has been fortunate to say many of her coaches have impacted her and taught her what she needs to know about the game. 

Congratulations Abby – we are all so proud of you and can’t wait to see what you do at Saint Mary’s.