Saint Joseph Indians Athletics – Boys Lacrosse

Kasem Minzey

Saint Joseph High School athletics have been gaining a lot of attention lately, especially after the remarkable performance of their boys lacrosse team last year. This team managed to secure the division 1a state title and has now moved up to the highly competitive 2a division.

The boys started off their season with two challenging games on the weekend of March 11th and 12th. They faced off against South Oldham at Hamilton Southeastern High School on Saturday, March 11th. Despite putting up a good fight, the Indians fell short to South Oldham, losing 9-12. This defeat marked the beginning of their record in the 2a division as 0-1.

The following day, on March 12th, the team took on Hamilton Southeastern in what proved to be another intense game. Despite the boys’ best efforts, the game quickly became a physical battle, with a few on-field altercations. Unfortunately, Hamilton Southeastern managed to secure a comfortable win of 15-2, lowering Saint Joe’s record.

After the opening weekend, the Indians’ record dropped to 0-2 for their debut in the division 2a. Nonetheless, the team is determined to bounce back and geared up for their match against South Bend John Adams High School on Wednesday, March 15th. Finding an easy win, St Joe has secured their first win, defeating John Adams 14-0, lifting up their record to 1-2.

This weekend, they are set to play St. John’s Jesuit High School on Saturday, March 18th. They are set to play against a strong opponent, and the boys are eager to secure their second win of the season.

The Saint Joseph High School community is rallying behind the boys, showing their support and belief in their abilities. The players have been working hard in practice, fine-tuning their skills, and analyzing their previous games to improve their performance. With their unyielding determination and hard work, the team is confident they can turn things around and make their mark in the 2a division.

Saint Joseph High School athletics are a point of pride for the school and its community, with the boys lacrosse team leading the way. The team’s grit and determination are an inspiration to all, and they are sure to make their mark in the upcoming season. Stay tuned to see how the Indians perform and whether they can rise to the top of the 2a division.