Baseball Senior Night

Kate Fry, Writer

Thursday night May 4th, the boys baseball team will play Niles fo their senior night. They will be honoring Liam Lamont, Axel Barrera, Trey Place, Jay Thomas, and Zac Stawski. With a record of 7-6 the boys look to take home the win against the Vikings. When asking junior Nolan Dobrucki about his fellow senior teammates “Even though it is a small senior class the seniors have had a big impact on the team, especially Zac Stawski with leading the team in home runs.”

The group of five seniors will be dearly missed next year but that leaves a perfect opportunity for the underclassmen to fill their shoes as the team is a sophomore and junior heavy lineup. “Next year we will be at our peak expecting to make a state run, win conference and win sectionals again as we will have no holes in the lineup.” All of these things are goals for the team and when Dobrucki was asked about how they are working to achieve them for the rest of this year he was very optimistic, “We fell short in conference but winning sectionals and making a state run are still possibilities.”

Senior night will be at St. Pats at the north fields with senior festivities starting 5:00 pm. Make sure to show out to support the team, specifically the seniors as they finish up this season strong with 6 games remaining. It is important to honor this season’s graduating seniors as they prepare for their next chapter in life, taking the lessons they’ve learned in Saint Joseph Baseball with them.