The Achkar Family and Their FBLA Legacy

The Achkar family has left a huge impact on the FBLA club at Saint Joseph High School. Throughout the past six years, the three Achkar’s, Chris, Marie, and Andrew have been extremely involved in Future Business Leaders of America, shaping the club to reach its fullest potential.

Starting in 2015, Chris joined the club, prompting the family’s dedication over the next six-plus years. This dedication has continued past his years at Saint Joe as Chris has started a chapter of PBL (FBLA for colleges) at Indiana University. He is now the president of the club while having been selected as the president for the state, as well. 

Marie Achkar also hopes to continue her involvement in college, too. She says, “Depending on where I decide to commit, I hope to stay involved and it’s definitely something I’ll highly consider.” Throughout her four years here, she was able to earn the positions of Sophomore VP, Secretary of Strategic Communications, and Club President, influencing the club greatly. Marie has left a huge impact on FBLA throughout her four years and has participated in the State Leadership Conference various times, bringing home some huge wins for Saint Joe!

We can’t forget about Andrew! Despite the fact that he’s only a sophomore, he has already left his mark on the Saint Joe FBLA club. He has organized a school-wide food drive and serves as the club’s Parliamentarian, running the meetings and making business connections. Andrew is planning on sticking with FBLA for his next two years at Saint Joe and has big goals for the club’s future. 

With the loss of two Achkars who greatly impacted FBLA, the club is hopeful (and positive) that Andrew will follow in his older sibling’s footsteps to make the club as great as it can be! The Achkar family has left a deep impact on the FBLA chapter of Saint Joseph High School, so the club is excited to see what’s in store for next year!