St. Joseph Lacrosse Annihilates Argos

Saint+Joseph+Lacrosse+Lines+Up+For+a+Prayer+and+The+National+Anthem+before+action.+

Scott Leonard

Saint Joseph Lacrosse Lines Up For a Prayer and The National Anthem before action.

Kalvin Kerwin, Staff Writer

Thursday April 15 the Indians lacrosse team faced off against the Argos Dragons.

The game ended with a 18-1 win for the boys. This was much needed after a long drought to get the boys on top again.

Typically our JV team plays Argos but since we have not been playing our best, they wanted to face the Varsity. We sent both rosters to the game and showed them that was a mistake.

In the first quarter goals were scored by Luke Thomas with 3, 2 from Joseph Saratore, and 1 from Flynn Leonard. Just in the first quarter the indians shot 29 times. Assits came from Champ, Saratore, Zach, Ploman and Jack Tobolski. This was an incredible start to the game and great to see the offense start moving the rock and getting opportunities.

In the second quarter goals were scored by Champ Farrell, another from Flynn, one from Tobolski an outstanding freshman with lots of potential, and a HUGE goal from our long stick mid fielder Anderson Davis – a transfer with a big impact on this team. Assists came from Champ, Ethan Fullenkamp and Luke Thomas. Shots this quarter did not stop as the offense shot 21 additional times.

In the third quarter goals were scored from Champ, L.T, 2 from Balls, and Antonio Morrel. Assists came from Balls, and Aiden Dowdle. Shots slowed down in the third but still the offense managed to throw 13 shots.

In the fourth quarter the boys racked up two more points on the board. Goals came from Jack Plomin, and Mason Boothe. Ended with 9 shots.

Not only an outstanding performance from the offense but also the defensive side as well. The defense let in one goal the entire game, maybe it was just to send them home knowing they scored at least once against our boys.

A big thing in this sport is also ground balls, this is a player who wins a ball off the ground quicker than the other team. Ground balls came from Champ, 2 from Luke, 2 from Balls, 1 from Ethan, 1 from Antonio, 3 from Flynn, 2 from Andrew, 6 from Aiden, 2 from Alex Custer, 4 from Anderson, 5 from Kalvin Kerwin (a first year senior), 4 from Tobolski, and 1 from Tim Ciesialka.

Both Goalies Ben Bailey and Blake Walker took turns between the pipes. Ben Bailey ended his shift with a shut out and Blake ended with a measly 1 goal getting past him just before the end of the game.

Final shots ended with a whopping number of 72 with 37 of those ending on the net.

Outstanding performance by the Indians.

Come out on Saturday to support the boys. They play at 8:00 pm at home versus Kettle Moraine. This is a strong team traveling in from Wisconsin. This is be a great test for the boys.

Jv plays at 6:00 pm