Clay Meet Recap

Liam Fuller, Staff Writer

On Earth Day or Thursday, April 22nd, the Saint Joe Boys and Girls Track and Field team had a dual home meet against Clay High School. In a dominant performance, the Indians swept the events on the boy’s side and won all but one event on the girl’s side. 

Standout performances and highlights included:

• Sam Forchetti: Won the 2-mile and ran a Personal Best of 11:44
  • Sean Gibson, Asante Anglin, Declan Walsh, and Alex Ortiz: All jumped 19 feet or farther in Long Jump
  • Maddy Tubs: Pole Vaulted and then ran a Personal Best in the 2-mile
  • Bella Saratore: Won Long Jump and ran the anchor leg in the winning 1600 meter relay
  • Liam Fuller, Ollie Kaufhold, and Asante Anglin: Finished 1-2-3 in the 200-meter dash
  • Kevin Cousins: Cleared 13 feet for a new Personal Best in his dazzling Pole Vault Victory
  • Tess Collins: 5:42 mile for a Personal Best and first-place finish
  • Kiley McGuire: 5:57 mile for a Personal Best
  • Alexis Kintzele, Mary Clare Elliot, Lee Erdman, and Maeve Kearney: Dominated the 3200-meter relay in their first-place performance

The Saint Joe Boys and Girls Track and Field team is back in action on Tuesday the 27th at John Adams High School and on Thursday the 29th for the annual South Bend City Meet. The team would appreciate all the support we could get on Thursday as the goal is to win the championship for both the boys and the girls and anything less than that would be a letdown. So come out to Saint Joe at 5 pm Thursday night to watch the best meet of the season while cheering on your fellow classmates!