Saint Joseph High School Prom!

Kailyn Lax, Staff Reporter

May 7th! 

Our up and coming prom is around the corner, but it’s a little bit different this time. Due to COVID-19 there’s more rules and regulations that are minor, but very important. The rules are set to make sure that everyone is able to have a good and memorable night, but remain healthy all at the same time. If we all comply with the rules, we can ensure that everyone will remain not only safe, but COVID free too! This event will be held at Palais Royale on Friday, May 7 from 8:30 pm to 11:30 pm. Come on out and have a memorable night with your significant other and/or friends!

Who’s all coming? 

Of course, there will be a capacity limit on how many people are able to attend, which is 300 people. Meaning that Saint Joseph will have priorities. First priority is obviously to ensure that every Saint Joseph High School senior has the opportunity to attend this event. Saint Joe’s second priority is our juniors, and last but not least the dates of seniors that do not attend SJHS.

What about the sales? 

The tickets are $25 per ticket and are all nonrefundable. The sales started for the seniors on April 22 and the juniors were able to buy tickets on April 28. All tickets will stop being sold tomorrow, on April 30, 2021. You can either purchase these tickets in room 226 or during school lunches outside the cafeteria.

If you are on C track, email Ms. Kostielney ([email protected]) and she will reserve a ticket for you so you can come to school and buy it at the Main Office. 

COVID Protocols…

-Masks are mandatory

-To keep the distance between each other, there will be two drink stations apart from each other

-We will provide plenty of hand sanitizer

-The dance floor, seatings, and lines for drinks and pictures will be divided into sections to also help keep the distance between each other

-Students will also be dismissed in sections if needed.