Saint Joe Drama Department Looking Forward to “Hello, Dolly!”

Benjamin Amat, Staff Writer

Recently, the Saint Joe Drama Department announced its upcoming Spring Musical, Hello, Dolly! Many students at Saint Joe are very excited for the opportunity to perform and watch this famous musical.

Mr. Reynolds explained their decision to perform Hello, Dolly! despite it being performed recently in past years. “The Directors picked this show because it is a classic with really fun and complex characters that speak to a deep story of self and self development. This is also a very strong vocal show which will allow us to showcase some of the amazing talent that we currently have with our upperclassmen as well as allowing for a big chorus that everyone is welcome to join in on.”

The plot of the play involves around Dolly Gallagher Levi: A widow in her middle years who has decided to begin her life again. She is a matchmaker, meddler, opportunist, and a life-loving woman. And the story centers around her as the nineteenth becomes the 20th century, in the bustling city of New York.

When it released in the 1960s, Hello, Dolly! became one of the most iconic broadway musicals in history.

Many students at Saint Joe want to carry on this historic legacy. Audra Meyers, who is looking forward to her first year in the musical, says, “It is exciting to be apart of the musical because I can be a part of theatre for the first time. I’ve been to the musicals in the past, and I’ve always wanted to be a part of it on stage. I am looking forward to being a part of the wonderful talent that Saint Joe has in its theatre department.”

The show dates for the musical are Thursday February 24, Friday February 25, and Saturday February 26. While tryouts for main roles have already occurred, the Theatre Department is still looking for more people to be a part of the ensemble, which do not require a tryout. They are also looking for more people to be a part of the Tech and Set Crew. Please email Mr. Reynolds at [email protected] if you are interested in being a part of this at Saint Joe!