How to Keep Your New Year’s Resolution

How to Keep Your New Years Resolution

Deven Ganeff, Student Reporter

Just a few weeks back was New Year’s and everyone was celebrating the beginning of a new year. A very common subject at New Years parties are what your resolution will be for this upcoming year. The biggest and most common resolution is working out more and going to the gym.

However, we know that these don’t last very long as our days get busier and we find less and less time to accomplish our goals. With this article, I will be giving you some ways in order to ensure that you will be able to stay on track with your resolution. It can be hard,  but if you stick with it, you will be able to see a great outcome in whatever you plan to work on.

The first and most helpful tool is to choose something that you know that you can do. If you know that you will have time to go to the gym everyday, then choose that. If not, it is probably not plausible that you choose that as your resolution.

Another tip is to make a plan. Staying organized is key to success. Going back to the gym example, if you map out your day you can see if this fits in your schedule and if so you can organize your workouts and plan what you will do.

My final tip to help maintain your resolution is to not get discouraged if you mess up or miss a day. Failing is normal and we shouldn’t punish ourselves for it. If you fail, you can restart and keep going with your resolution and keep at it.

In the end, a New Years Resolution is just something fun and a way to hold yourself accountable throughout out the year. If you use these tips, you will be able to stay accountable and feel more prepared to choose another resolution when the end of the year rolls around!