Aidan’s Masterpiece

Aidans+Masterpiece

Bella Giles, Staff Reporter

Aidan’s Masterpiece is a club open to all students who would love to be involved in finding fun ways to make community service joyful and exciting. It was formed by students to honor one of their good friends, Aidan Short, who passed suddenly in a car accident. He had already been living a life of service through coaching and other activities and he did everything with a huge smile and laughter the whole way through.

Aidan’s Masterpiece offers service hours for anyone who would like to join and anyone can come to any of the meetings as they are open to everyone at the school. There are many service opportunities like decorating door tags for the Ronald McDonald House, cleaning up trash in public as a big group, the B100 Penny Drive where the student body and faculty donate their change for a good cause, Trunk or Treat at Holy Cross Grade School, dress down days and many others throughout the year.

As the school year begins, the club will start their activities with painting Aidan’s parking space. While it normally has only included Aidan’s name, this year there will also be the inclusion of Saleem and Ahmad Qasem, who passed away tragically last school year. The parking space will include how the Saint Joe community is strong and how Aidan, Saleem, and Ahmad are still with us.

If interested in joining Aidan’s Masterpiece or have questions, please contact club leaders Anna Hill at [email protected] or Aubrie Smith at [email protected]. Mrs. Kershner is the faculty moderator and can be reached at [email protected].