Homecoming Recap

Homecoming+Recap

Kasem Minzey

The week of Homecoming is celebrated, here, at Saint Joe with Spirit Week. This year, Homecoming week was the week of September 19 – September 23 and the Homecoming dance was Saturday, September 24 in the AUX Gym, inside Saint Joe Highschool. A Saint Joe student that attended the dance explained that “it was a great dance, especially for my first one.” During Spirit Week, Spirit Club chooses five themes (one for each day) for the students and staff to wear. The students also selected a Homecoming Queen and King, which was announced at the Homecoming game on Friday, September 23.

The themes this year were Pajama Day on Monday, Adam Sandler Day on Tuesday, Soccer Mom vs BBQ Dad on Wednesday, Thursday was a Class Competition, and Friday was Spirit Wear. The class competition was influenced by the gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. The seniors were Matthew and represented angels so they wore white. The Juniors were Mark and they represented royalty, so they wore black and gold. The Sophomores were John and they represented Patriotic, so they wore red, white, and blue. Lastly, the freshman were Luke and represented Western, so they wore green.

The homecoming group was brought out at halftime during the Saint Joe vs Elkhart game. The homecoming couples included Gabe Nanni and Tess Collin, James Roberson and Peyton Hull, Lexi Juday and Colin MacDonel, Ian Joyce and Morgan Sandor, Braedon Troy and Ava Rousseve, David Bandera and Lucia Williams, and Axel and Maritza Lopez. The homecoming Queen and King for the Class of 2023 were James Roberson and Maritza Lopez.