Scholarships that You Should Be Aware of

Scholarships are a necessary part of the college application process, as they cover some to all costs of universities. The following provides a list of some of the many scholarships that students can apply for.

Smart Owl Scholarships covers $2,222 of tuition to 12 students selected. It is eligible to high school or college students living in the United States that are 16 years or older. Every student at Saint Joe is eligible for this scholarship. The deadline is October 29, 2022.

Scary Story Scholarship covers $1,000 of tuition to 1 student selected. It is eligible to those 13 years or older who attend high school and live in the United States. Every student at Saint Joe is eligible for this scholarship. The deadline is October 31, 2022.

Underdog Scholarships cover $5,000 towards tuition to 6 students selected. It is eligible to high school students that demonstrate a record of community or volunteer service. Every student at Saint Joe who has done his or her service hours is eligible for this scholarship.The deadline is December 6, 2022.

Ron Brown Scholarships Program covers $40,000 to 50 students selected. It is eligible to African American high school seniors who live in the United States who demonstrate academic achievement, leadership ability, participate in community service activities, have financial need. The deadline is January 9, 2023

Profile in Courage High School Awards covers $10,000 to 8 students selected. It is eligible to high school students grades nine through twelve. Every student at Saint Joe is eligible for this scholarship. The deadline is January 13, 2022.

Mensa US Scholarship covers $2,500 to 178 students selected. It is eligible to high school seniors that will be enrolled in a college during the 2023-2024 school year. The student must submit an essay or application explaining his or her career, academic and/or vocational goals. The deadline is January 15, 2022.

The Thomas Gerencher scholarship is specific to Saint Joe students who are going to pursue journalism or English in college. This scholarship honors a former teacher at Saint Joe and covers $1000 for tuition. In order to qualify, seniors should see the counseling office and complete an essay explaining why the student wants to pursue English or journalism in college. The deadline is in the spring.

Scholarship are necessary for many to afford college, so make sure to apply!