Some Movies to Check out this Fall Season

Films to get you in an autumnal mood

Lucia Williams, Reporter

As we find ourselves at the peak of fall beauty, with changing leaves and sweeping winds comes a desire to cozy up in the warmth of our homes and relax. And what better way to relax than to allow ourselves to get lost in a movie.        Here are some film recommendations that have a touch of fall within them to warm you up this season….

Dead Poets Society

This 1989 film is filled with fall vibes and has an excellent cast as a bonus, including Robin Williams and Ethan Hawke. The story follows a group of boys at a boarding school who are tied down by their families and feel trapped by the stringent expectations their school upholds. However they are given an entirely new perspective on the value and importance of freedom and art when an unconventional professor is hired at the school. It’s a beautiful story of striving to see the art and beauty within life, and an excellent choice to watch this fall.

LaLa Land

If you tend to enjoy musicals or simply appreciate a sweeping love story, LaLa Land is the film for you. Chock full of beautiful and catchy songs that will have you replaying the soundtrack again and again, this movie is the perfect combination of the excitement of falling in love combined with the tragedy of it being a “right person wrong time” scenario. Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone are electric when interacting together on screen and this film will fill you with a rollercoaster of emotions.

Little Women

Greta Gerwig’s 2019 Little Women was one of the years top grossing films, and upon watching it for the first time it’s easy to understand why this was a fan favorite. This film is an adaptation of the original novel written by Louisa May Alcott, and the entire movie fills you with feelings of comfort and nostalgia that call to mind the autumnal season. With a star studded cast and beautiful scenery, it’s the perfect movie to get lost in this fall.

Remember the Titans

Nothing calls to mind the feeling of fall quite so well as football does, so if you’re a sports fan Remember the Titans might be the choice to add to your fall watch list. In a small town in Virginia where football lies at the center of their community, everything changes when the school board forced is to integrate the local all white school with the all black school. The community is put to the test and everything will change.