Saint Joseph High School Open House

Mitchell Kazmierzak, Reporter

The annual Saint Joseph High School open house was Sunday, November 6th. The open house is for prospective students and their families. Upon arrival, families were greeted at both entrances by students from National Honor Society and the Student Government. Students from both of these clubs took families on a tour of Saint Joe. These tour guides also showed families everything that makes Saint Joe so special and unique. Families not only left Saint Joe with a better understanding of what we can offer their prospective student but they also left with pamphlets, a registration packet, and a special commemorative mug. Prospective students and their families also got a chance to see and sign up for clubs and sports in Alumni Gym at the co-curricular fair which was run by representative students of these sports and clubs that Saint Joe offers.

The tour consisted of showing prospective families our seven different wings in the building. These include the World Languages, English, Math, Theology, Science, and Social Studies wings. At each wing, there were teachers to tell the families about their classes. Each class had a pamphlet readily available to be obtained with more information about the classes. Along with showing families the different wings, students showed them the two gyms, weight room, chapel, counseling office, cafeteria, and The Commons – a place where students can gather and connect.

The open house had a great turnout this year with about 138 registered families and several walk-ins. A big thanks to all the volunteers, members of NHS, Student Government, faculty, and staff for helping out.