Why you should intern at Redeemer Radio.

Brian Gring, Staff Writer

Do you like sports? Do you want class credit? Are you interested in a career in broadcasting? Well Redeemer Radio has the internship for you.

The Redeemer Radio Sports-Broadcasting internship is now looking for new interns. Redeemer Radio has been offering this special opportunity to students at St. Joe and Marian for more than 4 years, giving students the chance to collaborate with the other school while learning about the sports-broadcasting world.

The program is led by internship coordinator and 95.7 sports director Angelo Di Carlo, who teaches interns vital skills applicable to radio, television, and even social media. Throughout the semester, interns get the opportunity to talk on air during games as a sideline reporter, update the redeemer radio social media account, record, edit and post interviews on social media, write and edit commercials, operate the live camera during broadcasts, provide mid-game statistics, help produce the broadcast, and many other activities. Students accomplish all of this through Monday class sessions, interviews at weekday practices, and live broadcasts of high-school games. In addition to all of these great opportunities and learning experiences, interns are graded on their participation and performance throughout the semester which is logged as an additional course in powerschool.

Football season may be over, but basketball season is just starting, and the program is actively looking for new interns. The second semester of the internship runs from November until basketball season ends in March and is open to work along side students’ busy schedules during the week.  Prospective students can seek more information and apply at www.redeemerradio.com/internship/.