Cafeteria Update

Cafeteria+Update

Sophia Rozycki, Staff writer

As we all know, COVID-19 has caused some major adjustments to our daily agenda, especially when attending school. In regards to the safety of the students, the cafeteria has made some major adjustments in order to safely accommodate the Saint Joe community!

When you enter the school cafeteria, you sit down at a table of your preference along with four other students (maximum). Due to social distancing, only four students may be seated at a table, and in the middle of the table is a plexiglass divider so that the students are properly distanced. 

“It’s extremely weird eating in a space where you can’t exactly hear or truly interact with your friends, but it’s what we have to do to stay safe,” said a student. Lunch is often a time when students can relax and enjoy time with peers, but unfortunately under these circumstances, it’s slightly harder.

After all the students are seated at a table, Mr. Luczynski will assign certain tables to line up and receive their cafeteria meal.  This process continues until every students has received their lunch. Despite the struggles of COVID-19, the Saint Joe staff are doing everything in their power to maintain and friendly and safe environment both socially and physically.