Girls’ Golf Senior Night

The team’s seniors from left to right: Dot Crumlish, Izzy Riboni, Bella Saratore, Katie Kloska

Bella Saratore, Staff Writer

Despite being one of the smallest teams at Saint Joseph High School, the girls’ golf team leaves their mark on the conference. The girls have been competing in tournaments and matches since the beginning of August, and will continue to perform until the end of September.

The girls competed against Penn, their biggest rival, on August 28, and came out successful, beating both Penn and Bremen with an overall score of 176. They hope to keep the good momentum flowing as they approach the NIC tournament on September 12, and sectionals to follow soon after.

The 2020 girls’ golf team from left to right: Coach Dominic Demeter, Freshman Keely Bogin, Freshman Elle Guyton, Senior Izzy RIboni, Senior Katie Kloska, Senior Bella Saratore, Senior Dot Crumlish, Junior MacKenzie Schmeltz, and Freshman Margaux Hannewyk

Overall, the team consists of eight girls who are determined to make their mark. Four of these members are a part of the senior class, Dot Crumlish, Izzy Riboni, Bella Saratore, and Katie Kloska, who were recognized this past Thursday at their senior night! The team triumphed against Washington as they congratulated and appreciated the seniors on the team. Be sure to wish the girls luck as their season comes to a close!