Second Straight Victory against the Eagles

Anglin and the D-line hoist the Indians to victory over Adams

Gabe Yonto, Staff Reporter

The Indians played an undefeated Adams team on Friday and were hungry for a win at home. The student section showed out and was a big home advantage for Saint Joe.

Starting off the night Tyrick Kamau had a 52 yard return to start the Indians out on the right foot. Asante Anglin looked like he crossed the goal line on the first possession but the referees ruled it a fumble on the 1 yard line. Chuck Worsham of Adams recovered the fumble and the Eagles marched down the field and took an early led 7-0. Cedrick Suggs tied up the game though on the next possession with a 7 yard touchdown run to tie it up 7-7.

Saint Joe then took a lead in the 3rd quarter with a 6 yard touchdown run from Asante Anglin. The Eagles then came back in the 4th quarter and tied the game at 14 with Chuck Worsham’s 4 yard touchdown run for his second of the night. The Indians would not back down as the freshman Alex Ortiz came through with a big 23 yard first down run. That led to Asante Anglin finishing the drive off with a 3 yard touchdown run for his second of the night. The Indians dominated on both offensive line and defensive line although Adams had an advantage in size. The Eagles marched down to the 50 yard line trying to tie the game up. The crowd banging on the fence and screaming as loud as they can came up with a big 4th down stop by Michael Conery to secure the victory for the Indians 21-14.

Asante Anglin finished the game with two touchdowns and 130 yards rushing. Matt Eck was 8-16 with 73 passing yards. The Indians move to 2-2 on the season and have a big game coming up this Friday against the New Prarie Cougars.