Scholarships for the Fall

Scholarships for the Fall

Mia Sniadecki, Staff Writer

With admission season fast approaching, Seniors should get a jumpstart on some amazing scholarship opportunities, here are a few with deadlines in the Fall of 2020.

The Elks National Foundation Scholarship with a deadline on November 15, 2020 is a scholarship worth checking out.  Students that apply could receive one of 500 awards ranging from 1,000 to 12,000 dollars a year depending upon their application’s success. The only requirement for applying is that students must be high school seniors this school year. If your application ranks within the top 20, you will be invited to a MVS Leadership weekend where you will be interviewed by judges for a chance to receive 30,000 to 50,000 dollar scholarships and guaranteed a 20,000 dollar scholarship. For more information visit the MVS contest page

For scholarships that offer a full ride, you may want to consider the ROTC program. These scholarships are for students who have interest in joining the U.S military. These scholarships offer not only debt free tuition, but also monthly allowances for housing and coverage of books as well as other fees. These scholarships are available for an extended period up to February of 2020, but it is important to start your search for the right career path now. If you are interested in learning more visit this website

For more information on any of these scholarship opportunities or others sign up for this website for scholarships local to St. Joseph County. These scholarships offers great opportunities for financial support so don’t miss out! You may also want to contact any of our SJHS counselors for help navigating through your admission and scholarship process. This is a stressful season for Seniors, but remember that you can help yourself minimize the stress by starting now.