Hockey Opening Day

Charlie Eckrich

Stephen (on left) and his cousin Charlie in youth hockey

The puck drops for the first time Saturday October 8th at 4:30pm at the Ice Box. The boys will take on Adams in their opening game of the season. The boys are looking some revenge after losing to Hamilton Southeastern in semi state last year. After having a heavy senior team last year the senior leaders Teddy Hosinski, Zach Yergler, and Stephen Eckrich expect the young guys to step up. The boys lost 8 seniors last year. They also gained over 10 freshman. All these young bloods are going to play a significant role on the team for the team to succeed.

Last year the team spent a week in Dallas, Texas for the national tournament. This was an amazing experience where the players had the chance to see how elite hockey is played. Not only was this a one in a lifetime experience, it made all of them better players. The team looks to use those skills and build upon that this season!

When these seniors were freshman, they earned a spot in a state championship. All of these seniors had such an impact on the team as freshman, but now the roles are reversed. The seniors are leading the freshman and hoping to get similar contributions from this incoming class. The team has all the tools to make it back to the state finals with a strong group of senior leaders and plenty of young talent.

Come out and support the team!